Personal Finance 101–Introduction
SMART goals also require SMARTER actions. Whether planning to pay for a; post secondary, down payment on a house, car, vacation, or an adequate retirement life style money needs to be saved.
Upon completion of this course, students will learn basic money fundamental to help better achieve SMART financial goals. Strategies introduced include goal setting tips and ways to manage cash flow.
After completing this course, students will have learned to:
- Identify personal resources, and explain how they could be of value to self and others.
- Compare needs, wants and consequences, with consideration of self, others and society.
- Examine sources of lifestyle aspirations, and relate these to personal resources.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and a commitment to achieving personal financial goals.
- Develop strategies to be informed consumers.
- Explain how to offset financial implications of financing post secondary education, buying a house and a car, and retirement planning
- Investigate sources and types of financial assistance for post secondary education.
- Recognize that as individuals we are responsible for our own finances.
- Design a plan to reach a specific financial goal.