Invest In Your Career–Introduction
In this course a career will be defined as a series of work and other learning experiences that helps a person grow and develop. Career planning will be the ongoing process of maintaining relevant skills to live a rewarding and fulfilling professional life.
Within this course students will discover personal values and skills that corresponds to potential career paths. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: Communicate their values, character traits, as well as their transferable and technical skills, and Understand how to effectively communicate them on a resume’s and during an interview.
After completing this course, students will have learned to:
- Describe the importance of personal values and skills as they relate to careers.
- Identify skills, values, traits and work habits needed in today’s work environment.
- Develop career plans that include education requirements and skill development.
- Identify and describe work opportunities matching personal skill set.
- Identify a variety of personal opportunities within local communities.
- Apply goals setting and action-planning to plan a career.
- Analyze how personal goals and priorities, personal needs and wants affect time, talent, and money.
- Explain how acquiring experience in the community can help achieve future goals.